Woman killed at Knebworth railway station
A WOMAN was killed after falling in front of a train at Knebworth railway station. The incident happened at 7.50pm last night (Thursday). Ambulance crews from Stevenage attended the scene. Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: 'Unfortunately there was nothing
A WOMAN was killed after falling in front of a train at Knebworth railway station.
The incident happened at 7.25pm last night (Thursday), and involved an express train travelling at more than 100mph.
Ambulance crews from Stevenage attended the scene. Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Unfortunately there was nothing the crews could do to save the woman and she was confirmed dead at the scene.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "The train involved was the 7pm King's Cross to Newcastle rail service.
"The incident was reported to police at 7.25pm and was attended by BTP and Hertfordshire Constabulary. Police are treating the incident as non-suspicious."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
The railway line was handed back to Network Rail at 9.15pm.