Woman killed at Knebworth railway station
A WOMAN was killed after falling in front of a train at Knebworth railway station. The incident happened at 7.50pm last night (Thursday). Ambulance crews from Stevenage attended the scene. Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: 'Unfortunately there was nothing
A WOMAN was killed after falling in front of a train at Knebworth railway station.
The incident happened at 7.25pm last night (Thursday), and involved an express train travelling at more than 100mph.
Ambulance crews from Stevenage attended the scene. Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Unfortunately there was nothing the crews could do to save the woman and she was confirmed dead at the scene.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "The train involved was the 7pm King's Cross to Newcastle rail service.
"The incident was reported to police at 7.25pm and was attended by BTP and Hertfordshire Constabulary. Police are treating the incident as non-suspicious."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
The railway line was handed back to Network Rail at 9.15pm.