Woman hurt after riding accident near Hatfield
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital with a head injury yesterday (Sunday) after falling from her horse. The accident took place just after 1.30pm, in a field behind the
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital with a head injury yesterday (Sunday) after falling from her horse.
The accident took place just after 1.30pm, in a field behind the Hatfield London Country Club in Essendon.
Paramedics stabilised the injured rider at the scene before she was taken to hospital by air ambulance.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Due to the injury the woman received and the location of the incident, an air ambulance was deployed to assist in the treatment of the patient.
You may also want to watch:
"Following stabilisation by paramedics and the air crew medics, she was airlifted to Queen's Hospital in Romford with a head injury.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return