Woman fighting for her life after Welwyn Garden City car crash
A WOMAN is fighting for her life after her car collided with a tree in WGC this morning (Friday).
The 10am accident on Cole Green Lane saw the 20-year-old woman, who was trapped inside the car, air lifted to Addenbrookes Hospital, in Cambridgeshire.
Ambulance crews from Stevenage and WGC were also in attendance.
Emergency care practitioner Mark Giddens, who was first at the scene, praised the public who helped out before he arrived.
He said: “I wish to thank the off-duty nurse and the public who were trying to help the woman out before I arrived, their help was very much appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On arrival, the woman in the car was in a critical condition.
“The first paramedic at the scene quick thinking enabled our control room to dispatch the air ambulance to the incident.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“Paramedics worked extremely hard alongside the doctor from the air ambulance before she was airlifted to hospital.”