Woman fighting for her life after Welwyn Garden City car crash
A WOMAN is fighting for her life after her car collided with a tree in WGC this morning (Friday).
The 10am accident on Cole Green Lane saw the 20-year-old woman, who was trapped inside the car, air lifted to Addenbrookes Hospital, in Cambridgeshire.
Ambulance crews from Stevenage and WGC were also in attendance.
Emergency care practitioner Mark Giddens, who was first at the scene, praised the public who helped out before he arrived.
He said: “I wish to thank the off-duty nurse and the public who were trying to help the woman out before I arrived, their help was very much appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On arrival, the woman in the car was in a critical condition.
“The first paramedic at the scene quick thinking enabled our control room to dispatch the air ambulance to the incident.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
“Paramedics worked extremely hard alongside the doctor from the air ambulance before she was airlifted to hospital.”