Woman dies after falling in front of train at Knebworth
A 27-YEAR-OLD woman died after falling in front of a train at Knebworth railway station this morning (Thursday). A spokeswoman for British Transport Police (BTP) said:
A 27-YEAR-OLD woman died after falling in front of a train at Knebworth railway station this morning (Thursday).
A spokeswoman for British Transport Police (BTP) said: "BTP can confirm that a woman died after being struck by a train at Knebworth rail station today.
"The incident was reported to police at 8.16am and was attended by BTP, Hertfordshire Constabulary and paramedics from the local ambulance service.
"The incident is being treated as non-suspicious."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "The train involved was the 7.52am King's Cross to Cambridge rail service.
"The line was handed back to Network Rail at 9.35am.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?