Woman dead in Northaw house fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died in a Northaw house fire.
Police and fire crews were called to the property on Northaw Road West on Sunday night but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Police said: “Police were called to Northaw Road West in Potters Bar at approximately 8.20pm on Sunday, July 5 following reports of a house fire on the street.
“Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue were in attendance also.
“The entrance to the road was cordoned off for the safety of members of the public and to allow the emergency services to carry out their work.
“Police and the fire service are currently making initial enquiries to determine the cause of the fire.
The fire is currently being treated as unexplained.
- 1 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 4 Crane hire company with Welwyn Garden City depot goes into administration
- 5 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 Kaiser Chiefs to perform extra show at Pub in the Park 2022 in St Albans
- 8 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 9 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 10 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
“I can confirm that sadly a woman was pronounced deceased at the scene of the fire. Both the fire and her death are currently being treated as unexplained and the investigation into the incident is on-going.”
Fire crews from Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Cheshunt battled the blaze until it was finally put out at 9.40pm.