Woman assaulted in Potters Bar
A WOMAN was groped and pushed to the ground while walking home after a night out. Just before midnight on Friday, June 13, the 21-year-old was walking down Barnet Road when she was approached by a man who asked her for directions. After telling him, t
A WOMAN was groped and pushed to the ground while walking home after a night out.
Just before midnight on Friday, June 12, the 21-year-old was walking down Barnet Road when she was approached by a man who asked her for directions.
After telling him, the man continued to follow her, and eventually groped her from behind.
After pushing her away, the man threw her to the ground. The woman then managed to run away.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident.
Pc Vikki Murray said: "This was obviously a distressing incident for the victim. We would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen what happened. They may have driven past and assumed it was a couple having an argument."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
The man is described as bald or shaven headed, around five foot six, aged between 20 and 23 and was wearing a dark zip up blue hoodie and jeans.
"We would also like to appeal to anyone who may have been approached by a man matching this description," Pc Murray added.
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.