Woman assaulted in Potters Bar
A WOMAN was groped and pushed to the ground while walking home after a night out. Just before midnight on Friday, June 13, the 21-year-old was walking down Barnet Road when she was approached by a man who asked her for directions. After telling him, t
A WOMAN was groped and pushed to the ground while walking home after a night out.
Just before midnight on Friday, June 12, the 21-year-old was walking down Barnet Road when she was approached by a man who asked her for directions.
After telling him, the man continued to follow her, and eventually groped her from behind.
After pushing her away, the man threw her to the ground. The woman then managed to run away.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident.
Pc Vikki Murray said: "This was obviously a distressing incident for the victim. We would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen what happened. They may have driven past and assumed it was a couple having an argument."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
The man is described as bald or shaven headed, around five foot six, aged between 20 and 23 and was wearing a dark zip up blue hoodie and jeans.
"We would also like to appeal to anyone who may have been approached by a man matching this description," Pc Murray added.
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.