Woman, 21, critically injured in Welwyn Garden City collision
A 21-YEAR-OLD woman was left fighting for life after being in collision with a car last night (Tuesday).
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after the smash in Stanborough Road, Welwyn Garden City and they are keen to trace a potential key witness.
The collision took place at just after 6pm outside Hertfordshire Constabulary headquarters when a Hyundai Amica collided with a pedestrian.
The injured woman was taken to the QE2 Hospital with serious head and leg injuries.
She remains in a critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Denise Rayner said: “This was a busy time of the evening with people heading home after work - if you were in the area at the time and saw the collision, please do get in touch on 0845 33 00 222.
“We would particularly like to speak to a man who stopped at the scene of the collision to help, as he may have key information to help us establish how the incident occurred.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: “We received several 999 calls to a report of a pedestrian in collision with a car on Stanborough Road in Welwyn Garden City at 6.08pm.
“A paramedic ambulance and an emergency care practitioner from Welwyn ambulance station attended the scene.”
He added: “A woman pedestrian who we believe to be in her early 20s received injuries to her head, abdomen and legs. “Paramedics treated, stabilised and immobilised her at the roadside before she was conveyed to an awaiting trauma team.”