Witnesses sought after Welwyn Garden City sword incident
WITNESSES who saw a fight, which involved a man brandishing a samurai sword, are being sought by police.
Officers are appealing for information into the disturbance in Moors Walk at 10pm on Saturday, June 12.
Detective constable Andy Boyer said: “I would like to appeal to members of the public who were in the area at the time to jog their memories and if they have any information which may be of assistance to contact police.”
Witnesses sould call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* Taury Ponting-Meade, 21, of Little Hardings, WGC, was charged with affray and possession of a samurai sword in public.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear before magistrates in August.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays