Witnesses sought after Welwyn Garden City sword incident
WITNESSES who saw a fight, which involved a man brandishing a samurai sword, are being sought by police.
Officers are appealing for information into the disturbance in Moors Walk at 10pm on Saturday, June 12.
Detective constable Andy Boyer said: “I would like to appeal to members of the public who were in the area at the time to jog their memories and if they have any information which may be of assistance to contact police.”
Witnesses sould call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* Taury Ponting-Meade, 21, of Little Hardings, WGC, was charged with affray and possession of a samurai sword in public.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear before magistrates in August.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk