Win trainers worth �120 with new Welwyn Garden City sports store
A NEW specialist running store has opened in WGC – and is offering one Welwyn Hatfield Times reader a pair of free top-of-the-range trainers.
Running comes naturally to Orville Archer.
A three-time London Marathon participant, the 39-year-old from WGC has been pounding the streets for more than 20 years, ever since he was introduced to the sport as part of his amateur boxing training.
But now he’s turned his attentions to running a business instead.
Well Run Sports, in Broadwater Road, is a specialist running shop for joggers and gym enthusiasts, featuring the latest trainers and accessories from top brands including Asics, New Balance, Mizuno, Brooks and Ronhill.
You may also want to watch:
Orville, who has lived in WGC for the past four years, said: “I always found myself going to a running specialist in Camden, and that’s when the idea came to me, that WGC could benefit from having one.
“There’s a lot of runners around here, and with the Olympics coming up, running, and sport in general, is going to become more of a focal point.”
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Having the right shoes is essential if you’re serious about running said Orville.
“A lot of runners rack up the miles and they need footwear that’s going to prevent injury,” he said.
“We offer gait analysis using a treadmill and computer software that’s been used for Olympic training.
“We can offer freeze frame shots of the runner, and look for pronation (the distribution of weight onto each foot) before making a recommendation for the right shoe for you.”
Of course, this sort of gear doesn’t come cheap – but you could win yourself a free pair of quality running shoes worth up to �120, plus a free gait analysis, by entering our competition.
All you have to do is answer this simple question.
How many times has Orville run the London Marathon?
Send your answers to Well Run Sports Competition, Welwyn Hatfield Times, 31a Howardsgate, WGC AL8 6AP or email comps@whtimes by noon on Friday, February 25.
Normal Archant rules apply.
* Well Run Sports is offering a 10 per cent discount to anyone affiliated with a running club in the Welwyn Hatfield area.
The company is also offering free gait analysis with no purchase necessary up until March 31.
For more information, call Well Run Sports on 01707 376971, or click on the link above.