Willow Foundation auctions Premier League football memorabilia
FANCY owning a signed captain’s armband from the likes of John Terry, Cesc Fabregas or Steven Gerrard?
Well now is your chance, as the Willow Foundation is auctioning off memorabilia from a host of top footballers.
The Old Hatfield-based charity has gathered captain’s armbands from all Premier League clubs, and some Championship teams too.
Each one comes framed with a photograph of the skipper.
They are now being sold off on internet auction site eBay, with the starting price of each just one penny. Auctions will run until Sunday, November 22.
You may also want to watch:
Players who’ve contributed include Chelsea skipper John Terry, Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and Liverpool ace Steven Gerrard.
Others are Manchester United’s Gary Neville, Liverpool centre back Jamie Carragher and Tottenham club captain Ledley King.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Proceeds will be shared between Willow and The Steve Bernard Foundation, a Bournemouth-based charity formed following the death of a university student in a car crash in 2005.
It supports sporting projects, both at home and abroad, in memory of the sports-mad young man.
Bob Wilson, who co-founded Willow with wife Megs 10 years ago following the death of their daughter Anna of cancer, said: “Unlike other sporting memorabilia, these armbands cannot be bought in the shops.
“They are a real one-off and I’m sure that any football fan would be thrilled to own one.”
Tony Bernard, director of the Steve Bernard Foundation, said: “We are delighted to be working in conjunction with the Willow Foundation on this fantastic memorabilia auction.
“It is extremely fitting that these truly unique items will help to enhance the lives of some very special people.”