Willow Foundation auctions Premier League football memorabilia
FANCY owning a signed captain’s armband from the likes of John Terry, Cesc Fabregas or Steven Gerrard?
Well now is your chance, as the Willow Foundation is auctioning off memorabilia from a host of top footballers.
The Old Hatfield-based charity has gathered captain’s armbands from all Premier League clubs, and some Championship teams too.
Each one comes framed with a photograph of the skipper.
They are now being sold off on internet auction site eBay, with the starting price of each just one penny. Auctions will run until Sunday, November 22.
You may also want to watch:
Players who’ve contributed include Chelsea skipper John Terry, Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and Liverpool ace Steven Gerrard.
Others are Manchester United’s Gary Neville, Liverpool centre back Jamie Carragher and Tottenham club captain Ledley King.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
Proceeds will be shared between Willow and The Steve Bernard Foundation, a Bournemouth-based charity formed following the death of a university student in a car crash in 2005.
It supports sporting projects, both at home and abroad, in memory of the sports-mad young man.
Bob Wilson, who co-founded Willow with wife Megs 10 years ago following the death of their daughter Anna of cancer, said: “Unlike other sporting memorabilia, these armbands cannot be bought in the shops.
“They are a real one-off and I’m sure that any football fan would be thrilled to own one.”
Tony Bernard, director of the Steve Bernard Foundation, said: “We are delighted to be working in conjunction with the Willow Foundation on this fantastic memorabilia auction.
“It is extremely fitting that these truly unique items will help to enhance the lives of some very special people.”