Willow Foundation auctions Premier League football memorabilia
FANCY owning a signed captain’s armband from the likes of John Terry, Cesc Fabregas or Steven Gerrard?
Well now is your chance, as the Willow Foundation is auctioning off memorabilia from a host of top footballers.
The Old Hatfield-based charity has gathered captain’s armbands from all Premier League clubs, and some Championship teams too.
Each one comes framed with a photograph of the skipper.
They are now being sold off on internet auction site eBay, with the starting price of each just one penny. Auctions will run until Sunday, November 22.
You may also want to watch:
Players who’ve contributed include Chelsea skipper John Terry, Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and Liverpool ace Steven Gerrard.
Others are Manchester United’s Gary Neville, Liverpool centre back Jamie Carragher and Tottenham club captain Ledley King.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
Proceeds will be shared between Willow and The Steve Bernard Foundation, a Bournemouth-based charity formed following the death of a university student in a car crash in 2005.
It supports sporting projects, both at home and abroad, in memory of the sports-mad young man.
Bob Wilson, who co-founded Willow with wife Megs 10 years ago following the death of their daughter Anna of cancer, said: “Unlike other sporting memorabilia, these armbands cannot be bought in the shops.
“They are a real one-off and I’m sure that any football fan would be thrilled to own one.”
Tony Bernard, director of the Steve Bernard Foundation, said: “We are delighted to be working in conjunction with the Willow Foundation on this fantastic memorabilia auction.
“It is extremely fitting that these truly unique items will help to enhance the lives of some very special people.”