Why is the cheetah so fast?
WHY is the cheetah the world s fastest land mammal? That is the question facing researchers at the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park. A team led by Professor Alan Wilson is studying cheetahs at
WHY is the cheetah the world's fastest land mammal?
That is the question facing researchers at the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park.
A team led by Professor Alan Wilson is studying cheetahs at Whipsnade Zoo in Bedfordshire, to try and find out why the big cats can reach such high speeds.
It is hoped the research will allow scientists to learn more about limb injuries in both animals and humans.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 7 Police disperse large group near the university
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average