Why is the cheetah so fast?
WHY is the cheetah the world s fastest land mammal? That is the question facing researchers at the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park. A team led by Professor Alan Wilson is studying cheetahs at
WHY is the cheetah the world's fastest land mammal?
That is the question facing researchers at the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park.
A team led by Professor Alan Wilson is studying cheetahs at Whipsnade Zoo in Bedfordshire, to try and find out why the big cats can reach such high speeds.
It is hoped the research will allow scientists to learn more about limb injuries in both animals and humans.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week