What to do during the summer holidays in Welwyn Hatfield
WITH the school summer holidays now under way, many youngsters will be searching for a boredom cure over the next six or so weeks. Well one option, which would also get the kids out of your hair for a few hours, is taking them down to Summer Camp Gosling
WITH the school summer holidays now under way, many youngsters will be searching for a boredom cure over the next six or so weeks.
Well one option, which would also get the kids out of your hair for a few hours, is taking them down to Summer Camp Gosling, at the Stanborough Road sports park in WGC.
The camp, which started on July 20 and finishes August 28, could be the perfect solution.
The fun and games are split into three different age groups to cater for everyone from five to 14-years-old.
You may also want to watch:
The activities are different for each group and include trampolining, eco teaching, jungle mania, dodgeball, boccia, bouncy castle, arts and crafts, soft play, story time, parachute games, face painting and cooking.
As well as the above games a wide range of sports varying from football, athletics, racket sports, hockey, rounders, cricket, tag rugby, lacrosse, American football, basketball, netball, mini tennis, mini badminton and gymnastics are also on offer.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
For prices and more information visit www.goslingsports.co.uk or call 01707 331056 to book.
Alternatively, look at Hatfield Swim Centre for a source of entertainment.
At the Lemsford Road centre five-year-olds and above can participate in Syncro Fun, which includes basic synchronised swimming techniques, floating positions and manoeuvres as well as strokes.
There are also lessons available on stroke improvement and learning how to dive. For further information or to book your place call on 01707 276276.
Or have you ever dreamed of being a movie star or a film director? Are you aged between 13 to 19?
Well your chance to write, direct or star in a movie, is part of the Welwyn and Hatfield Summer Sizzler attractions being put on for youngsters during the summer holidays.
Other events included in the Youth Connexions organised programme include streetdancing, music workshops, a football camp and a feel safe stay safe workshop.
For further information visit www.channelmogo.org
To reserve your place call Youth Connexions on 01438 843340.