WGC company reaches the higher Echelons
ANOTHER company from Times Territory will be present as finalists at the 2010 Building Awards.
Echelon Consultancy, based in Bridge Road East, WGC, has been nominated in the Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year (fewer than 100 staff) Category for the glitzy bash in London on April 22.
Formed five years ago, the company specialises in developing long-term construction and maintenance partnerships in the social housing sector.
The nomination comes after the company scooped Consultant of the Year at the Housing Excellence Awards in 2008.
But as managing director Mathew Baxter explained, the latest honour is a big step up.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re very proud of our trophy (from the Housing Excellence Awards), but this is like going from winning the Football Conference to winning the Champions League.
“Building magazine is the recognised bible for the housing sector, and I’ve been to the awards a couple of times as a guest and it’s a spectacular night. This is real kudos for us.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
The company is currently riding a wave of industry publicity, having co-written the recent Contract Management Guide with the Housing Federation.
To see the guide, and for more information about Echelon, visit www.echelonconsultancy.co.uk