WGC company reaches the higher Echelons
ANOTHER company from Times Territory will be present as finalists at the 2010 Building Awards.
Echelon Consultancy, based in Bridge Road East, WGC, has been nominated in the Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year (fewer than 100 staff) Category for the glitzy bash in London on April 22.
Formed five years ago, the company specialises in developing long-term construction and maintenance partnerships in the social housing sector.
The nomination comes after the company scooped Consultant of the Year at the Housing Excellence Awards in 2008.
But as managing director Mathew Baxter explained, the latest honour is a big step up.
“We’re very proud of our trophy (from the Housing Excellence Awards), but this is like going from winning the Football Conference to winning the Champions League.
“Building magazine is the recognised bible for the housing sector, and I’ve been to the awards a couple of times as a guest and it’s a spectacular night. This is real kudos for us.”
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 7 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 8 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 9 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot
- 10 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
The company is currently riding a wave of industry publicity, having co-written the recent Contract Management Guide with the Housing Federation.
To see the guide, and for more information about Echelon, visit www.echelonconsultancy.co.uk