Welwyn to get parking restrictions on two main roads through the village
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire County Council are looking to bring in a second wave of parking restrictions on Welwyn.
Richard Smith, County Councillor for the village, has already arranged for single and double yellow lines to be placed around junctions and schools on London Road and The Crescent in Welwyn and Cannonsfield Road in Oaklands, work on which should be carried out either today (Wednesday) or tomorrow (Thursday).
However he is now looking at bringing a similar scheme into effect for School Lane and Elmoor Avenue.
He said: “There are cases of careless parking which obstructs traffic and viewing lines around junctions.
“In Elmoor Avenue people park on grass verges.
You may also want to watch:
“If it is approved it will stop residents having real problems, particularly getting out of their road.
“It is badly needed.”
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 3 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 4 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 5 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
- 6 New car park proposed for park
- 7 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 8 Car dealership donates PCs to help children learn from home
- 9 Former healthcare worker with multiple conditions reveals her story
- 10 How to get the COVID-19 vaccination in Welwyn Garden City
The next stage will see notices appear on lamp posts telling people what the plans are.