Welwyn 'Sunflower' holds coffee morning
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice. Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim. She
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice.
Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim.
She will be taking part in the hospice's annual event, which this year has sunflowers as its theme, on Sunday, February 22 in the pool at Haileybury College in Hertford Heath.
Michele told the WHT that she has been doing the event for years to thank Isabel for looking after her husband, Paul, who died in September 2004, subsequent to being diagnosed with Leukaemia in May 2003.
You may also want to watch:
"Because of the amazing help we received from the Isabel Hospice we all join together to raise lots of money.
"This year we thought that we would try to get sponsorship from all sorts of different people by having a fun morning and it was great.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
"We had a raffle, cakes were cooked and everyone just had a good laugh. Overall we raised �280."
The mum-of-two added: "This year me and my son will be taking part in the swim, I shall be doing 130 lengths and he will be doing roughly 30.