Welwyn 'Sunflower' holds coffee morning
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice. Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim. She
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice.
Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim.
She will be taking part in the hospice's annual event, which this year has sunflowers as its theme, on Sunday, February 22 in the pool at Haileybury College in Hertford Heath.
Michele told the WHT that she has been doing the event for years to thank Isabel for looking after her husband, Paul, who died in September 2004, subsequent to being diagnosed with Leukaemia in May 2003.
You may also want to watch:
"Because of the amazing help we received from the Isabel Hospice we all join together to raise lots of money.
"This year we thought that we would try to get sponsorship from all sorts of different people by having a fun morning and it was great.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
"We had a raffle, cakes were cooked and everyone just had a good laugh. Overall we raised �280."
The mum-of-two added: "This year me and my son will be taking part in the swim, I shall be doing 130 lengths and he will be doing roughly 30.