Welwyn 'Sunflower' holds coffee morning
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice. Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim. She
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice.
Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim.
She will be taking part in the hospice's annual event, which this year has sunflowers as its theme, on Sunday, February 22 in the pool at Haileybury College in Hertford Heath.
Michele told the WHT that she has been doing the event for years to thank Isabel for looking after her husband, Paul, who died in September 2004, subsequent to being diagnosed with Leukaemia in May 2003.
"Because of the amazing help we received from the Isabel Hospice we all join together to raise lots of money.
"This year we thought that we would try to get sponsorship from all sorts of different people by having a fun morning and it was great.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
"We had a raffle, cakes were cooked and everyone just had a good laugh. Overall we raised �280."
The mum-of-two added: "This year me and my son will be taking part in the swim, I shall be doing 130 lengths and he will be doing roughly 30.