Welwyn 'Sunflower' holds coffee morning
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice. Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim. She
A WOMAN dressed as a sunflower held a fun coffee morning to help raise cash for Isabel Hospice.
Michele Hart opened up her doors at The Crescent, in Welwyn, to 70 of her friends and family in order to help fund her participation in a sponsored swim.
She will be taking part in the hospice's annual event, which this year has sunflowers as its theme, on Sunday, February 22 in the pool at Haileybury College in Hertford Heath.
Michele told the WHT that she has been doing the event for years to thank Isabel for looking after her husband, Paul, who died in September 2004, subsequent to being diagnosed with Leukaemia in May 2003.
"Because of the amazing help we received from the Isabel Hospice we all join together to raise lots of money.
"This year we thought that we would try to get sponsorship from all sorts of different people by having a fun morning and it was great.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
"We had a raffle, cakes were cooked and everyone just had a good laugh. Overall we raised �280."
The mum-of-two added: "This year me and my son will be taking part in the swim, I shall be doing 130 lengths and he will be doing roughly 30.