Welwyn Sports & Social Club to open new extension
- Credit: Supplied
The volunteer-run Welwyn Sports & Social Club is to celebrate a new extension and facilities that have been put into place.
The Social Club now has dedicated disabled access and toilets, increased its bar size so that people with mobility issues can navigate around the space, and added another snooker table in a new room.
It will be officially opened on September 11, by Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps.
A spokesperson for the club said: “The Social club is run entirely by volunteers and has kept the local community busy during lockdown building the new facilities.
“This has all been done socially distanced and has provided a really lovely project for people to focus on during these uncertain times.
You may also want to watch:
“The community of Welwyn are very proud of what we have achieved.”
The club holds numerous events the year which are suitable for all ages, if you would like to find out more you can visit www.welwynssc.org.uk.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'