Welwyn schoolboy turns on Knightsbridge Christmas lights
A YOUNGSTER from Times Territory was the star of the show during a Christmas light switch-on in one of London’s most glamorous shopping districts.
Five-year-old Ethan Busby, from Knebworth, won a competition this week to switch on this year’s Christmas lights in Knightsbridge, West London.
As part of a special fundraising event hosted by UNICEF and Swarovski Crystal, UNICEF ran a competition through radio station Magic FM, giving one lucky listener the chance to switch on the Christmas lights along with Swarovski heiress Nadja Swarovski.
After flicking the switch, Ethan, who attends Sherrardswood School in Welwyn, was then invited to a lavish reception at the Madarin Oriental Hotel near Hyde Park.
There he met a host of celebrities, including UNICEF amabassador Claudia Schiffer and Ingo Maurer, who designed the Christmas light centrepiece; a five metre Swarovski Crystal snowflake.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan said: “It was fun. Claudia Schiffer is really tall.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire