Welwyn schoolboy turns on Knightsbridge Christmas lights
A YOUNGSTER from Times Territory was the star of the show during a Christmas light switch-on in one of London’s most glamorous shopping districts.
Five-year-old Ethan Busby, from Knebworth, won a competition this week to switch on this year’s Christmas lights in Knightsbridge, West London.
As part of a special fundraising event hosted by UNICEF and Swarovski Crystal, UNICEF ran a competition through radio station Magic FM, giving one lucky listener the chance to switch on the Christmas lights along with Swarovski heiress Nadja Swarovski.
After flicking the switch, Ethan, who attends Sherrardswood School in Welwyn, was then invited to a lavish reception at the Madarin Oriental Hotel near Hyde Park.
There he met a host of celebrities, including UNICEF amabassador Claudia Schiffer and Ingo Maurer, who designed the Christmas light centrepiece; a five metre Swarovski Crystal snowflake.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan said: “It was fun. Claudia Schiffer is really tall.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire