Welwyn schoolboy turns on Knightsbridge Christmas lights
A YOUNGSTER from Times Territory was the star of the show during a Christmas light switch-on in one of London’s most glamorous shopping districts.
Five-year-old Ethan Busby, from Knebworth, won a competition this week to switch on this year’s Christmas lights in Knightsbridge, West London.
As part of a special fundraising event hosted by UNICEF and Swarovski Crystal, UNICEF ran a competition through radio station Magic FM, giving one lucky listener the chance to switch on the Christmas lights along with Swarovski heiress Nadja Swarovski.
After flicking the switch, Ethan, who attends Sherrardswood School in Welwyn, was then invited to a lavish reception at the Madarin Oriental Hotel near Hyde Park.
There he met a host of celebrities, including UNICEF amabassador Claudia Schiffer and Ingo Maurer, who designed the Christmas light centrepiece; a five metre Swarovski Crystal snowflake.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan said: “It was fun. Claudia Schiffer is really tall.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told