Welwyn schoolboy turns on Knightsbridge Christmas lights
A YOUNGSTER from Times Territory was the star of the show during a Christmas light switch-on in one of London’s most glamorous shopping districts.
Five-year-old Ethan Busby, from Knebworth, won a competition this week to switch on this year’s Christmas lights in Knightsbridge, West London.
As part of a special fundraising event hosted by UNICEF and Swarovski Crystal, UNICEF ran a competition through radio station Magic FM, giving one lucky listener the chance to switch on the Christmas lights along with Swarovski heiress Nadja Swarovski.
After flicking the switch, Ethan, who attends Sherrardswood School in Welwyn, was then invited to a lavish reception at the Madarin Oriental Hotel near Hyde Park.
There he met a host of celebrities, including UNICEF amabassador Claudia Schiffer and Ingo Maurer, who designed the Christmas light centrepiece; a five metre Swarovski Crystal snowflake.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan said: “It was fun. Claudia Schiffer is really tall.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison