Welwyn school closed amid fears of swine flu outbreak
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a precautionary measure following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal. Sherrardswood School, in
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a "precautionary measure" following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal.
Sherrardswood School, in Lockleys, Welwyn, is expected to be closed until Thursday.
A message on the school's answer phone says: "As a precautionary measure the school is currently closed due to a reported possibe case of the H1N1 virus."
It is understood at least three pupils are being tested for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder