Welwyn school closed amid fears of swine flu outbreak
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a precautionary measure following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal. Sherrardswood School, in
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a "precautionary measure" following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal.
Sherrardswood School, in Lockleys, Welwyn, is expected to be closed until Thursday.
A message on the school's answer phone says: "As a precautionary measure the school is currently closed due to a reported possibe case of the H1N1 virus."
It is understood at least three pupils are being tested for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign