Welwyn school closed amid fears of swine flu outbreak
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a precautionary measure following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal. Sherrardswood School, in
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a "precautionary measure" following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal.
Sherrardswood School, in Lockleys, Welwyn, is expected to be closed until Thursday.
A message on the school's answer phone says: "As a precautionary measure the school is currently closed due to a reported possibe case of the H1N1 virus."
It is understood at least three pupils are being tested for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued