Welwyn school closed amid fears of swine flu outbreak
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a precautionary measure following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal. Sherrardswood School, in
A SCHOOL has closed its doors as a "precautionary measure" following a number of suspected cases of swine flu, the Welwyn & Hatfield Times can exclusively reveal.
Sherrardswood School, in Lockleys, Welwyn, is expected to be closed until Thursday.
A message on the school's answer phone says: "As a precautionary measure the school is currently closed due to a reported possibe case of the H1N1 virus."
It is understood at least three pupils are being tested for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire