Welwyn roads set to close again after pub fire
ROADS in Welwyn village are set to be closed in the next half-an-hour while investigators continue working on a fire destroyed pub. High Street, Church Road and Codicote Road will remain closed until 4.30pm today while building work is carried out on The Wellington. The h
ROADS in Welwyn village are set to be closed in the next half-an-hour while investigators continue working on a fire destroyed pub.
High Street, Codicote Road and Church Road will remain closed until 4.30pm today while building work is carried out on The Wellington.
The historic 14th century pub was almost gutted by fire yesterday, just after 4.15am.
More than 50 firefighters tackled the inferno.
The roads had previously been reopened at 8.30am today.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area completely.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
Businesses in the area will remain open as usual.
Read today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the full story.