Welwyn roads set to close again after pub fire
ROADS in Welwyn village are set to be closed in the next half-an-hour while investigators continue working on a fire destroyed pub. High Street, Church Road and Codicote Road will remain closed until 4.30pm today while building work is carried out on The Wellington. The h
ROADS in Welwyn village are set to be closed in the next half-an-hour while investigators continue working on a fire destroyed pub.
High Street, Codicote Road and Church Road will remain closed until 4.30pm today while building work is carried out on The Wellington.
The historic 14th century pub was almost gutted by fire yesterday, just after 4.15am.
More than 50 firefighters tackled the inferno.
You may also want to watch:
The roads had previously been reopened at 8.30am today.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area completely.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
Businesses in the area will remain open as usual.
Read today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the full story.