Welwyn roads set to close again after pub fire
ROADS in Welwyn village are set to be closed in the next half-an-hour while investigators continue working on a fire destroyed pub. High Street, Church Road and Codicote Road will remain closed until 4.30pm today while building work is carried out on The Wellington. The h
ROADS in Welwyn village are set to be closed in the next half-an-hour while investigators continue working on a fire destroyed pub.
High Street, Codicote Road and Church Road will remain closed until 4.30pm today while building work is carried out on The Wellington.
The historic 14th century pub was almost gutted by fire yesterday, just after 4.15am.
More than 50 firefighters tackled the inferno.
You may also want to watch:
The roads had previously been reopened at 8.30am today.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area completely.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
Businesses in the area will remain open as usual.
Read today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times for the full story.