Welwyn residents' fury after nursery given permission to expand
RESIDENTS whose lives have been blighted by inconsiderate parking have hit out at planning chiefs after a nursery school was given the green light to expand. They spoke out after Tenterfield Nursery and Children's Centre in
RESIDENTS whose lives have been blighted by inconsiderate parking have hit out at planning chiefs after a nursery school was given the green light to expand.
They spoke out after Tenterfield Nursery and Children's Centre in London Road, Welwyn, was given permission to build an extension by the county council.
This was despite dozens of letters of objection from residents, who believe the proposals would increase existing parking problems.
Jim Bassett, of Becket Gardens, said the expansion of the nursery - allowing it to provide an additional eight day care spaces - would only "make things worse" in his street.
You may also want to watch:
"Even now cars are parking on verges and in front of driveways," the 64-year-old said.
Sheila Catlin, 70, said: "We have been plagued by parking up here for years and it has got worse and worse."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
Referring to the objections residents had sent to the council, she added: "We have just been ignored."
For more on this story, including council reaction see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now