Welwyn residents' fury after nursery given permission to expand
RESIDENTS whose lives have been blighted by inconsiderate parking have hit out at planning chiefs after a nursery school was given the green light to expand. They spoke out after Tenterfield Nursery and Children's Centre in
RESIDENTS whose lives have been blighted by inconsiderate parking have hit out at planning chiefs after a nursery school was given the green light to expand.
They spoke out after Tenterfield Nursery and Children's Centre in London Road, Welwyn, was given permission to build an extension by the county council.
This was despite dozens of letters of objection from residents, who believe the proposals would increase existing parking problems.
Jim Bassett, of Becket Gardens, said the expansion of the nursery - allowing it to provide an additional eight day care spaces - would only "make things worse" in his street.
You may also want to watch:
"Even now cars are parking on verges and in front of driveways," the 64-year-old said.
Sheila Catlin, 70, said: "We have been plagued by parking up here for years and it has got worse and worse."
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
Referring to the objections residents had sent to the council, she added: "We have just been ignored."
For more on this story, including council reaction see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now