Welwyn pub owner makes Royal coup
A PUB owner in Times Territory opened his latest establishment this week, promising more award-winning food and service.
Chris Gerard has taken out a 15-year lease on The Royal Oak in Hitchin and opened for business for the first time on Wednesday, December 9.
Chris’ company, Innventure, runs several pubs around Hertfordshire, including The Wellington in Welwyn, which is currently under repair following a fire in June.
Innventure recently won Unbranded Food Operator of the Year at the PubChef Food Excellence Awards.
“We’ve added fresh food, new world wines and table service,” said Chris, on his new regime at The Royal Oak.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be closing the pub in February for a couple of weeks, to restore the old pub to what it once was; a gorgeous 17th century building.
“We’re all really excited about it.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
The Royal Oak is on London Road, past Codicote. Call 01462 432653 for more information.