Welwyn pub owner makes Royal coup
A PUB owner in Times Territory opened his latest establishment this week, promising more award-winning food and service.
Chris Gerard has taken out a 15-year lease on The Royal Oak in Hitchin and opened for business for the first time on Wednesday, December 9.
Chris’ company, Innventure, runs several pubs around Hertfordshire, including The Wellington in Welwyn, which is currently under repair following a fire in June.
Innventure recently won Unbranded Food Operator of the Year at the PubChef Food Excellence Awards.
“We’ve added fresh food, new world wines and table service,” said Chris, on his new regime at The Royal Oak.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be closing the pub in February for a couple of weeks, to restore the old pub to what it once was; a gorgeous 17th century building.
“We’re all really excited about it.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
The Royal Oak is on London Road, past Codicote. Call 01462 432653 for more information.