Welwyn pub owner makes Royal coup
A PUB owner in Times Territory opened his latest establishment this week, promising more award-winning food and service.
Chris Gerard has taken out a 15-year lease on The Royal Oak in Hitchin and opened for business for the first time on Wednesday, December 9.
Chris’ company, Innventure, runs several pubs around Hertfordshire, including The Wellington in Welwyn, which is currently under repair following a fire in June.
Innventure recently won Unbranded Food Operator of the Year at the PubChef Food Excellence Awards.
“We’ve added fresh food, new world wines and table service,” said Chris, on his new regime at The Royal Oak.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be closing the pub in February for a couple of weeks, to restore the old pub to what it once was; a gorgeous 17th century building.
“We’re all really excited about it.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
The Royal Oak is on London Road, past Codicote. Call 01462 432653 for more information.