Welwyn pub owner makes Royal coup
A PUB owner in Times Territory opened his latest establishment this week, promising more award-winning food and service.
Chris Gerard has taken out a 15-year lease on The Royal Oak in Hitchin and opened for business for the first time on Wednesday, December 9.
Chris’ company, Innventure, runs several pubs around Hertfordshire, including The Wellington in Welwyn, which is currently under repair following a fire in June.
Innventure recently won Unbranded Food Operator of the Year at the PubChef Food Excellence Awards.
“We’ve added fresh food, new world wines and table service,” said Chris, on his new regime at The Royal Oak.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be closing the pub in February for a couple of weeks, to restore the old pub to what it once was; a gorgeous 17th century building.
“We’re all really excited about it.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
The Royal Oak is on London Road, past Codicote. Call 01462 432653 for more information.