Welwyn mums bid to spruce up playgrounds
MUMS in Welwyn have clubbed together in a bid to raise money to refurbish the village’s two public playgrounds.
The group, which has been christened the Welwyn Playground Support Group (WPSG), plans to raise the necessary cash through a combination of grant applications, community support and fundraising events.
Gill May, the group’s communications officer, said that revamping the village’s playing facilities would help to “improve the quality of life for children in the community”.
She said: “Much of the existing equipment and surfaces are outdated, in a state of disrepair, or in some cases unsafe. “Furthermore, some provision needs to be made for the wider community, in particular for disabled children.”
The group will be holding a consultation event later this month in order to engage with residents.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at the Whitehills Centre in Ottway Walk between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday, March 13.
For more information about the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call chairman Isabel Worsley on 01438 716634.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say