Welwyn mums bid to spruce up playgrounds
MUMS in Welwyn have clubbed together in a bid to raise money to refurbish the village’s two public playgrounds.
The group, which has been christened the Welwyn Playground Support Group (WPSG), plans to raise the necessary cash through a combination of grant applications, community support and fundraising events.
Gill May, the group’s communications officer, said that revamping the village’s playing facilities would help to “improve the quality of life for children in the community”.
She said: “Much of the existing equipment and surfaces are outdated, in a state of disrepair, or in some cases unsafe. “Furthermore, some provision needs to be made for the wider community, in particular for disabled children.”
The group will be holding a consultation event later this month in order to engage with residents.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at the Whitehills Centre in Ottway Walk between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday, March 13.
For more information about the group, email email@example.com or call chairman Isabel Worsley on 01438 716634.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas