Welwyn mums bid to spruce up playgrounds
MUMS in Welwyn have clubbed together in a bid to raise money to refurbish the village’s two public playgrounds.
The group, which has been christened the Welwyn Playground Support Group (WPSG), plans to raise the necessary cash through a combination of grant applications, community support and fundraising events.
Gill May, the group’s communications officer, said that revamping the village’s playing facilities would help to “improve the quality of life for children in the community”.
She said: “Much of the existing equipment and surfaces are outdated, in a state of disrepair, or in some cases unsafe. “Furthermore, some provision needs to be made for the wider community, in particular for disabled children.”
The group will be holding a consultation event later this month in order to engage with residents.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at the Whitehills Centre in Ottway Walk between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday, March 13.
For more information about the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call chairman Isabel Worsley on 01438 716634.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire