Welwyn model is Beach Babe 2011 runner-up
A MODEL from Welwyn could still be crowned Beach Babe 2011 after this week making it through to the final of the national contest.
Harriet Metzger finished runner-up in Babemag.com’s second heat of Beach Babe 2011.
The achievement sees her bag an exclusive shoot in the magazine, as well as a place in September’s grand final.
If she wins that, she would be whisked off to Thailand for an exclusive photoshoot with a celebrity photographer.
The 22-year-old, who gave up her role as an account executive to join up with agencies Promo Models and Supermodels, told the WHT she was delighted to make it through.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Thanks to everyone who voted over the month, I really appreciate it.
“If I am ever a millionaire I will pay everyone’s voting bill!”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Since our story in last month’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, Harriet, who had already starred in glamour and sports shoots, has gone on to do many more sessions and has also gained a spot on the Maxim Model Boxing Night for later this year.
The former Monk’s Walk School pupil added: “I will keep everyone up to date when I will feature in the magazine and when the final voting starts, in the meantime for recent updates “like” my model page www.facebook.com/dollyinpink”
* For another hopeful – former Brookmans Park beauty Sophia Jenner – it was a case of ‘so near, but yet so bra’.
The ex-Queenswood School boarder, 24, was pipped to a place in the top three of this year’s Star in a Bra contest.
But she made the top 10.