Welwyn man to appear on Louie Spence’s Showbusiness
A SEQUEL to one of 2010’s biggest TV shows – Pineapple Dance Studios – is hitting our screens to kick off the year and will follow a Times Territory man, who runs a world famous male striptease act.
Yes Louie Spence is back on the box from 9pm tonight (Wednesday), but this time the camp superstar will be returning with his very own series, entitled Louie Spence’s Showbusiness.
The 14 week programme will follow the fly-on-the-wall documentary style of Pineapple Dance Studios, in which the famous London dance complex searches for new stars.
However this time the focus is on Louie and his aim to put on the best ever London West End Show.
The Essex dancing sensation, who did his own version of the Queen’s speech on Christmas Day, calls upon many acts including strippers Dreamboys, which is run by Oaklands’ David Richards.
You may also want to watch:
The Mardley Wood man told the Welwyn Hatfield Times it was a dream to be involved with the show, which delves into the behind-the-scenes of Dreamboys.
“It’s my first ever major TV appearance.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 10 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
“I’ve done many appearances with the Dreamboys before but this focuses on me, so I’m a little nervous, but I have seen the first episode and I can honestly say this is going to be one of 2011’s biggest TV shows, it’s one you cannot afford to miss.”
The Dreamboys, who are working on their own West End Show, have, in the past, appeared on the X Factor 2007 final, Britain’s Got Talent, Celebrity Big Brother and Katie Price’s What Katie Did Next, to name just a few, however Showbusiness looks more in depth at the inner workings of the stripagram act.
The producers began filming the Dreamboys in April, and scenes show what David describes as “hilarious back stage banter” and “pure tongue in cheek action”.
He said: “They film me running the day-to-day operation, along with the beauty regimes, the team training in the gym, auditions to find a new Dreamboy, which springs some surprises on me, and the 2011 calendar photo shoot.”
David, pictured above next to Louie, originally from Longcroft Lane, WGC, added: “I hope everyone out there gets behind the TV show and supports it and I hope I do WGC proud.”
For more on David’s career story read this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.