Welwyn maintenance firm joins Government work experience programme
A LANDSCAPE gardening firm has become the first company in Hertfordshire to offer a new work experience scheme for young people.
John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance, based in Great North Road, Welwyn, has signed up to the Government’s Work Experience programme in partnership with Jobcentre Plus.
The scheme matches 18 to 21-year-olds across the country with suitable eight-week job placements.
John O’Conner’s first five placements started last month, in St Albans.
Paul Brady, contract manager for John O’Conner, said he hoped the placements could lead to full time jobs.
You may also want to watch:
“I was only too happy to get involved, the first placements started in March and will be supported by existing teams of permanent employees,” he said.
“To help them adjust to the workplace we will ensure that they all have a mentor or buddy from day one. We hope these work experience placements could be a way of unlocking a pool of hidden talent that might otherwise go unnoticed.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
For more information, call St Albans Jobcentre Plus on 01727 773316.