Rural land near Welwyn sells for £10,000 at auction
- Credit: Clive Emson Land and Property
A plot of land in a rural area near Welwyn has been sold for £10,000 at auction.
Plot 65 at Warrengate Farm in Archers Green Lane, Tewin was among 105 lots up for sale in the latest auction held by Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers on Wednesday, November 3.
Plenty of interest in the 0.78-acre plot was expected, with the winning bid coming in at £10,000 – despite initial estimates it could sell for up to £15,000.
“This 0.31-hectare rectangular plot is situated close to the village of Tewin between Welwyn and Hertford,” said regional director and auctioneer, Paul Bridgeman.
“We had good interest in this one, resulting in both vendor and purchaser getting an excellent deal.
“There is a definite upward trend for investors to consider buying land and this is a great time for landowners to consider coming to market.”
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Local Plan guidelines clarified following ‘green fields’ confusion