Welwyn hotel's credit crunch lunch
CREDIT crunch lunch. It s a bit of a mouthful, right? Well that s exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for – to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as
CREDIT crunch lunch. It's a bit of a mouthful, right?
Well that's exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for - to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as possible.
Their newest offer, named the Credit Crunch Lunch, is a two-course meal including a glass of wine for �9.99, running from Monday to Saturday, from noon to 2.30pm.
Piers Lyon, who is the owner of the Prospect Place eatery, said: "Even though we haven't felt the pinch or too much of a drop in custom, we know it could be upcoming, plus people still want to eat and drink out, they just want it for less!
"With some good supplier relations and talented chefs, we can devise menus and offers to help keep the cost down of enjoying a meal out."
All the dishes cooked by the top chefs and his staff are homemade from fresh market and farm produce, locally sourced wherever possible.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 5 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 M25 long delays caused by field fire on Hertfordshire - Essex border
- 8 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
They include deep fried whitebait with lemon and herb mayonnaise, pan fried haddock with a curry cream sauce, poached egg served with minted new potatoes and peas, buttered spinach spaghetti carbonara and chick pea and nut loaf with provencale sauce.
Piers added: "Additionally on top of the �9.99 offer you can add a third course for �3."
For more information visit www.thewhitehart
hotel.net or call 01438 715353.