Welwyn hotel's credit crunch lunch
CREDIT crunch lunch. It s a bit of a mouthful, right? Well that s exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for – to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as
CREDIT crunch lunch. It's a bit of a mouthful, right?
Well that's exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for - to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as possible.
Their newest offer, named the Credit Crunch Lunch, is a two-course meal including a glass of wine for �9.99, running from Monday to Saturday, from noon to 2.30pm.
Piers Lyon, who is the owner of the Prospect Place eatery, said: "Even though we haven't felt the pinch or too much of a drop in custom, we know it could be upcoming, plus people still want to eat and drink out, they just want it for less!
You may also want to watch:
"With some good supplier relations and talented chefs, we can devise menus and offers to help keep the cost down of enjoying a meal out."
All the dishes cooked by the top chefs and his staff are homemade from fresh market and farm produce, locally sourced wherever possible.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
They include deep fried whitebait with lemon and herb mayonnaise, pan fried haddock with a curry cream sauce, poached egg served with minted new potatoes and peas, buttered spinach spaghetti carbonara and chick pea and nut loaf with provencale sauce.
Piers added: "Additionally on top of the �9.99 offer you can add a third course for �3."
For more information visit www.thewhitehart
hotel.net or call 01438 715353.