Welwyn hotel's credit crunch lunch
CREDIT crunch lunch. It s a bit of a mouthful, right? Well that s exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for – to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as
CREDIT crunch lunch. It's a bit of a mouthful, right?
Well that's exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for - to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as possible.
Their newest offer, named the Credit Crunch Lunch, is a two-course meal including a glass of wine for �9.99, running from Monday to Saturday, from noon to 2.30pm.
Piers Lyon, who is the owner of the Prospect Place eatery, said: "Even though we haven't felt the pinch or too much of a drop in custom, we know it could be upcoming, plus people still want to eat and drink out, they just want it for less!
You may also want to watch:
"With some good supplier relations and talented chefs, we can devise menus and offers to help keep the cost down of enjoying a meal out."
All the dishes cooked by the top chefs and his staff are homemade from fresh market and farm produce, locally sourced wherever possible.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
They include deep fried whitebait with lemon and herb mayonnaise, pan fried haddock with a curry cream sauce, poached egg served with minted new potatoes and peas, buttered spinach spaghetti carbonara and chick pea and nut loaf with provencale sauce.
Piers added: "Additionally on top of the �9.99 offer you can add a third course for �3."
For more information visit www.thewhitehart
hotel.net or call 01438 715353.