Welwyn haulage firm to close
AFTER 41 years in the transport industry a Welwyn company has decided to close its road haulage operation.
Royton Express, which has a fleet of 27 delivery vehicles, has been forced to close the division, which has led to the loss of 16 jobs.
The firm, on Codicote Road, will continue to run its warehousing and MOT services.
Managing director Richard Smith told the WHT he wanted to quash rumours the business was folding completely.
He said: “We have had to make this decision due to high fuel taxation and spiralling overall running costs and a general downturn therefore, unfortunately, making drivers redundant.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I would like to stress that Royton Warehousing and Royton MOT Test Centre are unaffected by this decision.”
For more on this buy this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog