Welwyn Hatfield youngsters to receive Queen’s Golden Jubilee Awards
YOUNGSTERS from across Welwyn Hatfield who excel in sport or the arts will be recognised at a ceremony tonight (Thursday).
A total of 19 young people, aged 11 to 20, will receive Queen’s Golden Jubilee Award grants from Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Seventeen have been recognised for a range of sports and disciplines, including cycling, lacrosse, athletics, rugby and tennis.
The other two have excelled in dance as part of the Alter Ego company.
Each grant, worth up to �250, will help fund coaching, equipment and travelling to competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The awards will be presented by borough mayor Howard Morgan at Campus West, WGC.
He said: “There’s such talent in our borough, across a wide range of activities.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
“These youngsters achieve some truly outstanding feats with such enthusiasm and dedication to their futures.
“They are an inspiration and I look forward to seeing them achieve even more in the future.”