Welwyn Hatfield youngsters get Golden Jubilee cash boost
CASH may be hard to come by in the current economic climate, but that won't be the case for a handful of exceptional youngsters. For 23 talented youths from Welwyn Hatfield have been given grants through the Queen's Golden Jubilee Awards. The group, all a
CASH may be hard to come by in the current economic climate, but that won't be the case for a handful of exceptional youngsters.
For 23 talented youths from Welwyn Hatfield have been given grants through the Queen's Golden Jubilee Awards.
The group, all aged between 11 and 21, have been deemed among the most inspiring, gifted and deserving young people in the borough this year.
They included youngsters who have proven continuous improvement in their chosen field and have reached county, national or international standard in their endeavours.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday at the council chamber at Campus West in WGC, they were given cash awards, of up to �250, by borough mayor Mick Long.
The aim of the funding is to help support a range of activities to make the dreams and aspirations of the candidates be realised.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Cllr Long said: "The applications for this year's awards have been phenomenal and varied.
"There are many deserving and inspirational young people in our borough with exceptional talents for sport and the arts, of whom we should all be very proud.