Welwyn Hatfield youngsters get Golden Jubilee cash boost
CASH may be hard to come by in the current economic climate, but that won't be the case for a handful of exceptional youngsters. For 23 talented youths from Welwyn Hatfield have been given grants through the Queen's Golden Jubilee Awards. The group, all a
CASH may be hard to come by in the current economic climate, but that won't be the case for a handful of exceptional youngsters.
For 23 talented youths from Welwyn Hatfield have been given grants through the Queen's Golden Jubilee Awards.
The group, all aged between 11 and 21, have been deemed among the most inspiring, gifted and deserving young people in the borough this year.
They included youngsters who have proven continuous improvement in their chosen field and have reached county, national or international standard in their endeavours.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday at the council chamber at Campus West in WGC, they were given cash awards, of up to �250, by borough mayor Mick Long.
The aim of the funding is to help support a range of activities to make the dreams and aspirations of the candidates be realised.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
Cllr Long said: "The applications for this year's awards have been phenomenal and varied.
"There are many deserving and inspirational young people in our borough with exceptional talents for sport and the arts, of whom we should all be very proud.