Welwyn Hatfield young guns set up camp on Arsenal’s Emirates pitch
ARSENAL’S pitch is usually reserved for the opposition defences to ‘set up camp’.
Yet it was hundreds of the North London club’s young fans who were setting up their stalls as they took part in the Junior Gunners Camping on the Pitch.
Joining the 400 Junior Gunners members aged seven to 12, on Saturday May 21, was Pierce Reed, 11, Ryan Giddens, 12, and Conor Murphy, 10, from WGC and Matthew Harrington, nine, and Anthony Baker, eight, from Hatfield, who had won a competition to sleep over at the Emirates Stadium.
The quartet were also played in a match on the pitch and dined in the exclusive Club Level section of the 60,000 seater arena.
Following supper the youngsters watched the Gunners’ Greatest Goals video and played table football, before the Gunnersaurus mascot made sure everyone was tucked in.
You may also want to watch:
Rain helped wake everyone up bright and early Sunday morning, when it was time to pack up the tents and head to the stadium’s Royal Oak Suite for breakfast.
Sue Campbell, Arsenal’s head of events and supporter liaison, said all the boys and girls taking part in the club’s second Camping on the Pitch had an “absolutely brilliant time”.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best