Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- Credit: Alison Lilly
After heavy snow yesterday, Welwyn Hatfield's residents used the rare weather to have fun across our borough.
Pictures came through showing the Pearl in Hatfield and sheep in the snow in Welwyn Garden City.
There were also many who made snowmen and decorated them with whatever they could find including a Costa cup and carrots.
The Met Office continues to have a yellow weather warning in place for Herts until 11am today for ice, as sub-zero temperatures preserving Sunday's snowfall has also created an added ice risk.
With ice patches expected to cause disruption, the Met Office warns of icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths for those taking essential journeys. Some injuries may occur from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
The WHT would like to thank its audience for sending in such lovely pictures on the first snow day of the year.
- 1 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
- 2 'Cruel joke' played on residents waiting for pothole repairs
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Man faces sentencing after trying to rip face mask off woman in Asda
- 5 How many people have been vaccinated in your neighbourhood?
- 6 Police pinpoint football clubs after teenagers caught throwing eggs
- 7 Competition winner captures town's untouched beauty spot
- 8 Teachers surprised by pupils thanking them for hard work
- 9 Pay-as-you-feel hub set up for food destined for landfill
- 10 Police called after 100 people show up to funeral