Welwyn Hatfield Times launches Good Neighbour Award
EVERYBODY loves good neighbours! Does living next to your perfect neighbour make life that little bit more joyful and simpler? Has he or she done a good deed or something special for you, or have they just been a delight to be sharing your street with
EVERYBODY loves good neighbours!
Does living next to your "perfect" neighbour make life that little bit more joyful and simpler?
Has he or she done a good deed or something special for you, or have they just been a delight to be sharing your street with?
Well, now is the time to show your favourite neighbour just how much they mean to you.
You may also want to watch:
This week the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, in conjunction with supermarket giant Tesco, is launching the Good Neighbour Award.
Each week for three months you can submit details on your favourite neighbour.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
At the end of each month, one worthy winner will be picked, by the Welwyn & Hatfield Times staff, and be awarded a fabulous �100 hamper, with luxury items such as Champagne and food, provided by Tesco.
The corporate affairs manager for Tesco, which has a head office in Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, is Alex Trenchard.
He told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "Being a good neighbour is a big part of our company culture.
"In Welwyn Hatfield we see good neighbourly actions all around us, which we applaud.
"That's why we are delighted to support Welwyn & Hatfield Times' Good Neighbour Award which will recognise and reward one great neighbourly act each month."
Mr Trenchard added: "At Tesco we strive to play a positive role in our local communities and to be a good neighbour, for example raising over �6m for Marie Curie Cancer Care last year."
To enter your favourite good neighbour for the month, fill in the application form by clicking on the links below and write, in no more than 100 words, why you think he or she should win.
Return the forms to the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, 31A Howardgate, WGC, Hertfordshire, AL8 6AP by July 15.
Rules of Entry
ENTRIES can be made by Welwyn Hatfield residents only.
Entries must relate to a good deed done by a neighbour, but not a relative.
Entries must relate to a good deed that happened in the past month.
There is no age limit on who can submit an entry or who can win the award.
Entries by post and email accepted, but no responsibility taken for entries that do not arrive by the deadline.
Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into on the decision.
Monthly winner featured in Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
Prize is as stated and no cash alternative will be offered.
The content of the hamper will be altered depending on the age of the winner (for example no alcohol included if the winner is under the age of 18).
Employees of Welwyn & Hatfield Times, Tesco, Spenhill Regeneration and Golley Slater ineligible to enter.