Welwyn Hatfield Times launches campaign against New Barnfield incinerator
TODAY the Welwyn Hatfield Times is launching InferNO! – a campaign opposing the building of an incinerator at New Barnfield in Hatfield.
We are joining the growing number of voices who feel the site in Travellers Lane is not appropriate for a 345,000-tonne facility to burn our waste.
And we remain unconvinced that incineration is the only alternative to dumping rubbish in landfill – and we call upon Hertfordshire County Council to look again at other, viable options.
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson said: “It is clear to us that building an incinerator at New Barnfield is a non-starter.”
Read more in today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
You may also want to watch:
* To support InferNO!, sign our online petition by clicking on the link above.
And let us know your views – write to or email us, sending copies to your MP and the county council, too.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank