Welwyn Hatfield Times launches campaign against New Barnfield incinerator
TODAY the Welwyn Hatfield Times is launching InferNO! – a campaign opposing the building of an incinerator at New Barnfield in Hatfield.
We are joining the growing number of voices who feel the site in Travellers Lane is not appropriate for a 345,000-tonne facility to burn our waste.
And we remain unconvinced that incineration is the only alternative to dumping rubbish in landfill – and we call upon Hertfordshire County Council to look again at other, viable options.
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson said: “It is clear to us that building an incinerator at New Barnfield is a non-starter.”
Read more in today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
You may also want to watch:
* To support InferNO!, sign our online petition by clicking on the link above.
And let us know your views – write to or email us, sending copies to your MP and the county council, too.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone