Welwyn Hatfield Times launches campaign against New Barnfield incinerator
TODAY the Welwyn Hatfield Times is launching InferNO! – a campaign opposing the building of an incinerator at New Barnfield in Hatfield.
We are joining the growing number of voices who feel the site in Travellers Lane is not appropriate for a 345,000-tonne facility to burn our waste.
And we remain unconvinced that incineration is the only alternative to dumping rubbish in landfill – and we call upon Hertfordshire County Council to look again at other, viable options.
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson said: “It is clear to us that building an incinerator at New Barnfield is a non-starter.”
Read more in today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
You may also want to watch:
* To support InferNO!, sign our online petition by clicking on the link above.
And let us know your views – write to or email us, sending copies to your MP and the county council, too.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park