Welwyn Hatfield Runners gearing up for Flora London Marathon
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented. Find out who
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented.
Mark Jackson, from Timbercroft, WGC, will be running for the second year in a row, to raise money for the National Autistic Society. Mark's son, five-year-old Dylan, is autistic.
Noel Nallen is raising money for a cause very close to his heart, the Isabel Hospice in WGC.
He said: "I am doing this as my dad passed away from throat cancer in May 2005 and had his last week at Isabel Hospice."
Almost 30 runners will be raising money for the Ron Pickering Memorial Fund this year, 18 years after the Welwyn athletics coach and broadcaster died.
Ron's widow Jean, who founded the charity, said: "Every penny raised by our runners in the London Marathon is given out in grants to young athletes the following January."
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 4 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 5 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Meet your officers at Friday’s Welwyn Garden City event
- 8 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 9 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
Are you running the marathon? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org