Welwyn Hatfield Runners gearing up for Flora London Marathon
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented. Find out who
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented.
Mark Jackson, from Timbercroft, WGC, will be running for the second year in a row, to raise money for the National Autistic Society. Mark's son, five-year-old Dylan, is autistic.
Noel Nallen is raising money for a cause very close to his heart, the Isabel Hospice in WGC.
He said: "I am doing this as my dad passed away from throat cancer in May 2005 and had his last week at Isabel Hospice."
You may also want to watch:
Almost 30 runners will be raising money for the Ron Pickering Memorial Fund this year, 18 years after the Welwyn athletics coach and broadcaster died.
Ron's widow Jean, who founded the charity, said: "Every penny raised by our runners in the London Marathon is given out in grants to young athletes the following January."
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Are you running the marathon? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org