Welwyn Hatfield Runners gearing up for Flora London Marathon
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented. Find out who
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented.
Mark Jackson, from Timbercroft, WGC, will be running for the second year in a row, to raise money for the National Autistic Society. Mark's son, five-year-old Dylan, is autistic.
Noel Nallen is raising money for a cause very close to his heart, the Isabel Hospice in WGC.
He said: "I am doing this as my dad passed away from throat cancer in May 2005 and had his last week at Isabel Hospice."
You may also want to watch:
Almost 30 runners will be raising money for the Ron Pickering Memorial Fund this year, 18 years after the Welwyn athletics coach and broadcaster died.
Ron's widow Jean, who founded the charity, said: "Every penny raised by our runners in the London Marathon is given out in grants to young athletes the following January."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Are you running the marathon? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org