Welwyn Hatfield Runners gearing up for Flora London Marathon
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented. Find out who
THOUSANDS will take to the streets of the capital this morning (Sunday) for the Flora London Marathon, and Times Territory is well represented.
Mark Jackson, from Timbercroft, WGC, will be running for the second year in a row, to raise money for the National Autistic Society. Mark's son, five-year-old Dylan, is autistic.
Noel Nallen is raising money for a cause very close to his heart, the Isabel Hospice in WGC.
He said: "I am doing this as my dad passed away from throat cancer in May 2005 and had his last week at Isabel Hospice."
You may also want to watch:
Almost 30 runners will be raising money for the Ron Pickering Memorial Fund this year, 18 years after the Welwyn athletics coach and broadcaster died.
Ron's widow Jean, who founded the charity, said: "Every penny raised by our runners in the London Marathon is given out in grants to young athletes the following January."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
Are you running the marathon? Send your pictures to email@example.com