Welwyn Hatfield Royal Wedding street parties
WHILE businesses take advantage of the biggest celebration of the decade so far, residents are also getting on in the act and organising their own street parties.
The aroma of barbecues will be in the air, laughter from the fun and games will be heard from the surrounding areas and the red, white and blue bunting will deck many a Welwyn Hatfield road.
But just where are these celebrations taking place?
*? AN estimated 100 people are attending the do at Burgundy Croft, in WGC. Organiser Aaron Cox is hoping he has the largest party going, with a massive barbecue and traditional games for the children and adults, including the egg and spoon race and the dress relay. The bunting-clad event runs from 1pm to 6pm.
?* VILLAGERS in Ayot St Lawrence will be treated to all the traditional fun and games near the ruined church. Organised by new resident Bill Duncan, it will run from 2pm to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
?* A CHAMPAGNE oyster bar will be one of the many delights on a Welwyn street.
Mill Lane will be closed off from noon to 5pm as residents celebrate in style with a range of stalls and entertainment running down the road, including a coconut shy, a giant Jenga game, a barbecue, a charity raffle, a cake competition and the wedding on a big screen. All funds will be donated to Isabel Hospice at the event, which runs down to the White Horse pub.
- 1 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
Here they will be marking their beer festival, which runs from Thursday to Sunday.
?* A PLANT swap stall and a tug-of-war will be on the agenda for Valley Road residents.
The private party will see 30m of bunting deck the street throughout the day and will also include a balloon relay and a refreshments stall with tea, coffee and other refreshments.
?* A BAND and a Royal quiz is the different angle Stuart Carnegie has organised for his party in Wendover Drive, in Welwyn. The party starts at 2pm and runs until 7pm and also includes a barbecue.