Welwyn Hatfield Rotary Walk organisers hoping for record number of entrants
THE organisers of this year’s Welwyn Hatfield Rotary Walk are hoping to eclipse last year’s attendance record by more than 100 entrants.
The annual charity event will take place on Sunday, May 9 and participants will be able to take in a picturesque route of either five or 11 miles through the Ayots and the Lea Valley.
Speaking ahead of the walk, John Hopley, the president of Hatfield Rotary Club, said: “Last year nearly 400 people took part in the walk and many of them raised large sums for their charitable causes.
“There were also many people who came along, paid their entry fee and just walked without seeking sponsorship.
“Both types of walkers are welcome to join in; the more the merrier.
You may also want to watch:
“This year we are hoping that more than 500 people will rise to the challenge and complete either the long or short route.”
Entry costs �5 in advance or �10 if you turn up and register on the day.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Walkers can choose which charity they would like to support and are urged to collect as much money in sponsorship as possible.
The money each walker raises will then be split with 75 per cent going to the charity of their choice and the remaining 25 per cent going to Rotary.
This year’s walk is being supported by a number of organisations, including WGC-based Roche pharmaceuticals, the Herts Sports Partnership and, of course, the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
Entry forms can be obtained from our offices in Howardsgate, by email from email@example.com or via the website, see link right.