Welwyn Hatfield residents offered discounted flood defence products
RESIDENTS are being offered the chance to buy flood defence products at a reduced rate, courtesy of Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The authority has joined forces with the company FloodSax, in a deal which allows those who live in the borough to buy its products for 20 per cent less than the Recommended Retail Price (RRP).
FloodSax are a modern replacement for heavy, bulky sandbags and are designed to mould into doorways to keep water out.
They are filled with absorbent crystals that, when activated by water, swell and reach 90 per cent of their capacity in just three minutes.
Once the water is in it stays there and the bags keep floods at bay.
Residents of Welwyn Hatfield can buy a DoorPac (pack of five FloodSax sufficient for a standard door) for �27.99
They can be bought online at Floodsax’s website, see link, above right, or by calling 0800 953 40 40.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 7 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 8 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 9 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot
- 10 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
When buying, quote WHDB10.
Colin Couch, the council’s executive member for environment, said: “Although the council is under no obligation to provide flood defence, it is great that residents of Welwyn Hatfield have the opportunity to protect their homes with something that is both effective and affordable.”