Welwyn Hatfield residents offered discounted flood defence products
RESIDENTS are being offered the chance to buy flood defence products at a reduced rate, courtesy of Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The authority has joined forces with the company FloodSax, in a deal which allows those who live in the borough to buy its products for 20 per cent less than the Recommended Retail Price (RRP).
FloodSax are a modern replacement for heavy, bulky sandbags and are designed to mould into doorways to keep water out.
They are filled with absorbent crystals that, when activated by water, swell and reach 90 per cent of their capacity in just three minutes.
Once the water is in it stays there and the bags keep floods at bay.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of Welwyn Hatfield can buy a DoorPac (pack of five FloodSax sufficient for a standard door) for �27.99
They can be bought online at Floodsax’s website, see link, above right, or by calling 0800 953 40 40.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
When buying, quote WHDB10.
Colin Couch, the council’s executive member for environment, said: “Although the council is under no obligation to provide flood defence, it is great that residents of Welwyn Hatfield have the opportunity to protect their homes with something that is both effective and affordable.”