Welwyn Hatfield residents offered discounted flood defence products
RESIDENTS are being offered the chance to buy flood defence products at a reduced rate, courtesy of Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The authority has joined forces with the company FloodSax, in a deal which allows those who live in the borough to buy its products for 20 per cent less than the Recommended Retail Price (RRP).
FloodSax are a modern replacement for heavy, bulky sandbags and are designed to mould into doorways to keep water out.
They are filled with absorbent crystals that, when activated by water, swell and reach 90 per cent of their capacity in just three minutes.
Once the water is in it stays there and the bags keep floods at bay.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of Welwyn Hatfield can buy a DoorPac (pack of five FloodSax sufficient for a standard door) for �27.99
They can be bought online at Floodsax’s website, see link, above right, or by calling 0800 953 40 40.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
When buying, quote WHDB10.
Colin Couch, the council’s executive member for environment, said: “Although the council is under no obligation to provide flood defence, it is great that residents of Welwyn Hatfield have the opportunity to protect their homes with something that is both effective and affordable.”