Welwyn Hatfield residents decide how money is spent
RESIDENTS across the borough are set to decide how next year s budget is to be spent. In a new move by Welwyn Hatfield Council, people in the borough will be able to select their priorities for the next financial year. Deputy council leader Alan Franey
RESIDENTS across the borough are set to decide how next year's budget is to be spent.
In a new move by Welwyn Hatfield Council, people in the borough will be able to select their priorities for the next financial year.
Deputy council leader Alan Franey said: "It's really important that we hear from residents.
"How the budget is spent depends on a number of factors and the needs of local people are vitally important, so we would like people to give us their views."
You may also want to watch:
In this financial year 2009/10 more than �107m was spent on day-to-day services, of which �8m was raised from council tax.
The council only keeps 13 per cent of the total tax collected, which on average, per household, is �197 a year or 54p a day.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
The remainder goes to the county council, police and in some cases town and parish councils too.
For the last three years the borough council's top priority was to keep council tax increases at less than the rate of inflation.
Whether you agree with the current policy or not, have your say by filling in the questionnaire online at www.welhat.gov.uk
As an incentive those completing the surveys will be entered into a prize draw to win free tickets to either Campus West cinema or Rollercity for a year.