Welwyn Hatfield Queens Golden Jubliee Grants
FUTURE potential Olympic stars from across Welwyn Hatfield lined up to receive funding that will help towards tuition and equipment.
Welwyn Hatfield Council dished out its latest round of Queen’s Golden Jubilee Award grants to 15 talented youngsters from the borough.
Their aims vary from succeeding in athletics, rugby, karate, gymnastics and badminton, to music and dance.
The grants were worth up to �250 each.
One of the youngsters, Lucy Moxham, a gymnast, told the WHT she was very proud of her achievement.
You may also want to watch:
The 11-year-old from WGC said: “I’m very pleased. I’ve been working hard for the last year and won a few medals so this makes it all worthwhile.”
Borough mayor Kim Langley, who presented the awards, said: “There’s such talent in our borough.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
“These youngsters achieve some truly outstanding feats with such enthusiasm and commitment to their futures.
“They are an inspiration and I look forward to seeing them achieve even more in the future.”
The 11 pictured with Cllr Langley are George Mills, Jason Marquis, Abigail Lee, Olivia Lee, Joe Gaynor and Eloise Meakins on the back row.
And on the front row, Daisy Watkins, Aaron Gammon, Lucy Moxham, Abbie Maxwell and Claire Humphries.
The four others who did not attend the ceremony are Stephanie Gaynor, Heather Myers, Nick Reiners and Alec Wing.