Welwyn Hatfield quartet recognised in Queen’s Birthday Honours
FOUR people with links to Welwyn Hatfield have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Professor John Brownlie was made a CBE for his services to science.
He is Emeritus Professor of Veterinary Pathology at the Royal Veterinary College in Brookmans Park.
Dr Jennifer Amery, of WGC, chief professional officer of human development (health and education) at the Department for International Development, was awarded an OBE.
Welwyn man John Barnabas Leith was made an OBE for his services to the Baha’i Faith and to inter-faith relations.
You may also want to watch:
And Hertfordshire Constabulary’s deputy chief constable Heather Valentine, based at police HQ in WGC, was awarded the prestigious Queen’s Police Medal.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences