Welwyn Hatfield pupils celebrate Walk to School Month
YOUNGSTERS from a Welwyn Hatfield school took part in the county s first ever walking taxi last week marking Walk to School Month. St John s JMI CE School, Lemsford, which has a daily Walking Bus, went a
YOUNGSTERS from a Welwyn Hatfield school took part in the county's first ever walking taxi last week marking Walk to School Month.
St John's JMI CE School, Lemsford, which has a daily Walking Bus, went a step further from a Walking Bus last week, starting its very own Walking Taxi.
Designed to accommodate children who come from different areas and cannot make the Walking Bus which starts by the Sun Inn pub, the Walking Taxi is a smaller version of the Walking Bus.
Both pupil powered transportation methods will be leaving at 8.45am each morning.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed