Welwyn Hatfield pupils celebrate Walk to School Month
YOUNGSTERS from a Welwyn Hatfield school took part in the county s first ever walking taxi last week marking Walk to School Month. St John s JMI CE School, Lemsford, which has a daily Walking Bus, went a
YOUNGSTERS from a Welwyn Hatfield school took part in the county's first ever walking taxi last week marking Walk to School Month.
St John's JMI CE School, Lemsford, which has a daily Walking Bus, went a step further from a Walking Bus last week, starting its very own Walking Taxi.
Designed to accommodate children who come from different areas and cannot make the Walking Bus which starts by the Sun Inn pub, the Walking Taxi is a smaller version of the Walking Bus.
Both pupil powered transportation methods will be leaving at 8.45am each morning.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return