Welwyn Hatfield pupils celebrate Walk to School Month
YOUNGSTERS from a Welwyn Hatfield school took part in the county s first ever walking taxi last week marking Walk to School Month. St John s JMI CE School, Lemsford, which has a daily Walking Bus, went a
YOUNGSTERS from a Welwyn Hatfield school took part in the county's first ever walking taxi last week marking Walk to School Month.
St John's JMI CE School, Lemsford, which has a daily Walking Bus, went a step further from a Walking Bus last week, starting its very own Walking Taxi.
Designed to accommodate children who come from different areas and cannot make the Walking Bus which starts by the Sun Inn pub, the Walking Taxi is a smaller version of the Walking Bus.
Both pupil powered transportation methods will be leaving at 8.45am each morning.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street