Welwyn Hatfield polling stations closed
POLLING stations are now closed after today s round of elections. Ballot boxes from across Welwyn Hatfield are now being taken to the count at Rollercity in WGC. Officials will then begin verifying the votes, before counting begins in the Hertfordshire
POLLING stations are now closed after today's round of elections.
Ballot boxes from across Welwyn Hatfield are now being taken to the count at Rollercity in WGC.
Officials will then begin verifying the votes, before counting begins in the Hertfordshire County Council and the borough and town by-elections at 9.30am tomorrow (Friday).
A Welwyn Hatfield Council spokeswoman said the ballot boxes will be locked in Rollercity overnight, alarmed and linked to a security firm and police.
You may also want to watch:
European votes will be locked away until its count from 4pm on Sunday.
Rollercity will be closed to the public until Monday.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar