Welwyn Hatfield MP shows great Resolve on charity walk
A FLEDGLING charity has received a timely boost just after celebrating its first birthday. Rehabilitation group Resolve, which meets regularly at the Woodhall Community Centre, in Mill Green Road, WGC, helps people recovering from drug and alcohol addicti
A FLEDGLING charity has received a timely boost just after celebrating its first birthday.
Rehabilitation group Resolve, which meets regularly at the Woodhall Community Centre, in Mill Green Road, WGC, helps people recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
Having only formed last April, the group is still very much in its infancy, and relies solely on donations and small grants to keep the service alive.
It is why Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps took part in the spring's Rotary Sponsored Walk around WGC in aid of Resolve.
You may also want to watch:
With all the money collected, Mr Shapps presented Resolve practice manager Jean King and volunteer co-ordinator Debbie Maskell with a cheque for �1,000 at the Coronation Fountain on Parkway, WGC.
"They're a very small charity and I think at the moment they're punching a little above their weight, because substance abuse is so much at the heart of what goes right and wrong in society," said Mr Shapps.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
"It's important to support a small charity like Resolve, which might not otherwise exist if it weren't for the donations they receive."
For more information contact Jean King on 07909 814443 or visit www.resolve-online.org