Welwyn Hatfield MP’s brother takes part in sponsored ride – on a bicycle made for one!
FOR most people completing a 10-mile charity cycle ride on two wheels is tough enough – but not for a unicycling novice who gave it a go on one.
Andre Shapps, brother of Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant, decided to take on the daunting challenge to raise cash for the Mixed Group.
Along with the more traditional riders Andre completed the course, which took on a new route this year.
The event is the charity’s biggest fundraiser and enables it to host the Christmas Day lunch for the elderly and lonely people in the borough.
MP Grant told the WHT: “I was delighted to be joined by my brother and his wife Ray on this year’s Mixed Group cycle.
You may also want to watch:
“My brother has taken up riding a unicycle and since I’d never seen him ride it I mentioned the Mixed Group 10-mile cycle and Andre jumped at the opportunity to join us.”
He added: “Amazingly he finished the cycle in good time and seems to have reached an amazing level of proficiency on the unicycle.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
“I can confirm that I wasn’t tempted to give it a try, but I hope his joining the event will have raised the profile of the excellent work done by Sean Cox’s Mixed Group even further.”