Welwyn Hatfield MP drops in on business help firm
HAVING created his own printing business from scratch nearly 20 years ago, Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps knows just how difficult it is to succeed – especially in tough economic times like we are in now. Luckily, an organisation exists in his
HAVING created his own printing business from scratch nearly 20 years ago, Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps knows just how difficult it is to succeed - especially in tough economic times like we are in now.
Luckily, an organisation exists in his constituency which is helping local businesses to start-up and expand.
And Mr Shapps dropped in on Business Link, based in Comet Square, Hatfield, to find out more about the hard work it does.
He was given a guided tour by partnership director Richard Hardiman, and introduced to the staff members who are helping businessmen and women across Times Territory to make it.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hardiman said he was delighted to welcome the MP to their offices.
He said: "With Business Link having worked with over 1,500 businesses in his constituency last year I am especially pleased he recognises the value we add to those whom we have supported on his patch."
- 1 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 2 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
Mr Shapps said: "In these tough economic times it's absolutely vital for small businesses to expand. Business Link tell me they have experienced a big increase in enquiries since the downturn with more people than ever considering going into business for themselves.
"I know from first hand
experience that Business Link can provide crucial expertise and
Mr Shapps founded PrintHouse Corporation in 1990, when he was 21, using the same type of loan guarantee scheme Business Link offers to its customers now.
And it was this experience that had proved invaluable to his
political career some two decades on, he said.
"Being in business taught me a great deal about how to manage people and run an organisation effectively - experience that has served me very well since I became Welwyn Hatfield MP in 2005.