Welwyn Hatfield MP drops in on business help firm
HAVING created his own printing business from scratch nearly 20 years ago, Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps knows just how difficult it is to succeed – especially in tough economic times like we are in now. Luckily, an organisation exists in his
HAVING created his own printing business from scratch nearly 20 years ago, Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps knows just how difficult it is to succeed - especially in tough economic times like we are in now.
Luckily, an organisation exists in his constituency which is helping local businesses to start-up and expand.
And Mr Shapps dropped in on Business Link, based in Comet Square, Hatfield, to find out more about the hard work it does.
He was given a guided tour by partnership director Richard Hardiman, and introduced to the staff members who are helping businessmen and women across Times Territory to make it.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hardiman said he was delighted to welcome the MP to their offices.
He said: "With Business Link having worked with over 1,500 businesses in his constituency last year I am especially pleased he recognises the value we add to those whom we have supported on his patch."
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
Mr Shapps said: "In these tough economic times it's absolutely vital for small businesses to expand. Business Link tell me they have experienced a big increase in enquiries since the downturn with more people than ever considering going into business for themselves.
"I know from first hand
experience that Business Link can provide crucial expertise and
Mr Shapps founded PrintHouse Corporation in 1990, when he was 21, using the same type of loan guarantee scheme Business Link offers to its customers now.
And it was this experience that had proved invaluable to his
political career some two decades on, he said.
"Being in business taught me a great deal about how to manage people and run an organisation effectively - experience that has served me very well since I became Welwyn Hatfield MP in 2005.