Welwyn Hatfield MP declares war on 'Cowboy' clampers
WAR has been declared on 'cowboy' clampers who are making life a misery for residents in Times Territory. And MP Grant Shapps has threatened one firm with the full force of Parliament, after being continuously snubbed by its MD. The Welwyn Hatfield
WAR has been declared on "cowboy" clampers who are making life a misery for residents in Times Territory.
And MP Grant Shapps has threatened one firm with the full force of Parliament, after being continuously snubbed by its MD.
The Welwyn Hatfield politician has written numerous letters of complaint to clamping firm UK Parking Control supremo Rupert Williams.
But he has not had a reply to a single one - leaving Mr Shapps with no alternative but to take the matter to the House of Commons.
You may also want to watch:
He told today's Welwyn and Hatfield Times: "I don't think it's right they can drive around with what are effectively money-making clamping devices, put them on people's cars and then not accept any correspondence.
"They cannot be allowed to act like cowboys who are a law unto themselves."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
When we contacted Uxbridge-based UKPC, we were told to email our request for comment. Nobody had come back to us at time of going to press.
* For more reaction from Mr Shapps, buy today's Welwyn and Hatfield Times.