Welwyn Hatfield MP declares war on 'Cowboy' clampers
WAR has been declared on 'cowboy' clampers who are making life a misery for residents in Times Territory. And MP Grant Shapps has threatened one firm with the full force of Parliament, after being continuously snubbed by its MD. The Welwyn Hatfield
WAR has been declared on "cowboy" clampers who are making life a misery for residents in Times Territory.
And MP Grant Shapps has threatened one firm with the full force of Parliament, after being continuously snubbed by its MD.
The Welwyn Hatfield politician has written numerous letters of complaint to clamping firm UK Parking Control supremo Rupert Williams.
But he has not had a reply to a single one - leaving Mr Shapps with no alternative but to take the matter to the House of Commons.
You may also want to watch:
He told today's Welwyn and Hatfield Times: "I don't think it's right they can drive around with what are effectively money-making clamping devices, put them on people's cars and then not accept any correspondence.
"They cannot be allowed to act like cowboys who are a law unto themselves."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
When we contacted Uxbridge-based UKPC, we were told to email our request for comment. Nobody had come back to us at time of going to press.
* For more reaction from Mr Shapps, buy today's Welwyn and Hatfield Times.