Welwyn Hatfield MP backs football club's �80k ground plans
PLANS to raise �80,000 to upgrade a popular WGC football club have won the support of MP Grant Shapps. Mr Shapps visited Panshanger FC, in Moneyhole Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, where he heard about proposals to improve the club. They include refurbishing
PLANS to raise �80,000 to upgrade a popular WGC football club have won the support of MP Grant Shapps.
Mr Shapps visited Panshanger FC, in Moneyhole Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, where he heard about proposals to improve the club.
They include refurbishing the changing rooms and converting the existing concrete training surface into an enclosed all weather facility, which would be available for residents to use during the day.
Mr Shapps said: "Not only do the volunteers who run Panshanger Football Club do a wonderful job teaching so many young people within Hertfordshire how to develop their football skills, but they also provide a marvellous environment where players can have fun and socialise."
You may also want to watch:
The club, which currently has more than 400 youngsters on its books, has already secured �10,000 towards the project from Welwyn Hatfield Council's 'Community Chest' scheme.
*For more information go to www.panshangerfc.com
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
*To donate, contact fundraising committee chairman Karen Blease at email@example.com