Welwyn Hatfield MP backs football club's �80k ground plans
PLANS to raise �80,000 to upgrade a popular WGC football club have won the support of MP Grant Shapps. Mr Shapps visited Panshanger FC, in Moneyhole Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, where he heard about proposals to improve the club. They include refurbishing
PLANS to raise �80,000 to upgrade a popular WGC football club have won the support of MP Grant Shapps.
Mr Shapps visited Panshanger FC, in Moneyhole Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, where he heard about proposals to improve the club.
They include refurbishing the changing rooms and converting the existing concrete training surface into an enclosed all weather facility, which would be available for residents to use during the day.
Mr Shapps said: "Not only do the volunteers who run Panshanger Football Club do a wonderful job teaching so many young people within Hertfordshire how to develop their football skills, but they also provide a marvellous environment where players can have fun and socialise."
You may also want to watch:
The club, which currently has more than 400 youngsters on its books, has already secured �10,000 towards the project from Welwyn Hatfield Council's 'Community Chest' scheme.
*For more information go to www.panshangerfc.com
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
*To donate, contact fundraising committee chairman Karen Blease at firstname.lastname@example.org