Welwyn Hatfield MP backs football club's �80k ground plans
PLANS to raise �80,000 to upgrade a popular WGC football club have won the support of MP Grant Shapps. Mr Shapps visited Panshanger FC, in Moneyhole Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, where he heard about proposals to improve the club. They include refurbishing
PLANS to raise �80,000 to upgrade a popular WGC football club have won the support of MP Grant Shapps.
Mr Shapps visited Panshanger FC, in Moneyhole Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, where he heard about proposals to improve the club.
They include refurbishing the changing rooms and converting the existing concrete training surface into an enclosed all weather facility, which would be available for residents to use during the day.
Mr Shapps said: "Not only do the volunteers who run Panshanger Football Club do a wonderful job teaching so many young people within Hertfordshire how to develop their football skills, but they also provide a marvellous environment where players can have fun and socialise."
You may also want to watch:
The club, which currently has more than 400 youngsters on its books, has already secured �10,000 towards the project from Welwyn Hatfield Council's 'Community Chest' scheme.
*For more information go to www.panshangerfc.com
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision
*To donate, contact fundraising committee chairman Karen Blease at email@example.com