Welwyn Hatfield is doing something funny for money
ARE you doing something funny for money – all in aid of Comic Relief? Red Nose Day 2009 is tomorrow (Friday) and the WHT newsdesk wants to hear from people taking part. Send us
ARE you doing something funny for money - all in aid of Comic Relief?
Red Nose Day 2009 is tomorrow (Friday) and the WHT newsdesk wants to hear from people taking part.
Send us your emails and pictures about who and what you are doing and we'll put the best and most unusual in next week's WHT.
Staff WGC's John Lewis are set to take part in a sponsored row between 9am and 6pm tomorrow (Friday).
The team of 30 will row a total of 42 miles on a rowing machine in the menswear department on the ground floor.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
This is the equivalent distance of Dover to Calais and back.
There will be a chart monitoring the distance rowed throughout the day.
Neil Robinson, who has co-ordinated the rowers, said: "I was overwhelmed by partners wanting to support this event, from every age range in the branch.
"We are all really enthusiastic, and want to raise as much money as possible for Comic Relief.