Welwyn Hatfield is doing something funny for money
ARE you doing something funny for money – all in aid of Comic Relief? Red Nose Day 2009 is tomorrow (Friday) and the WHT newsdesk wants to hear from people taking part. Send us
ARE you doing something funny for money - all in aid of Comic Relief?
Red Nose Day 2009 is tomorrow (Friday) and the WHT newsdesk wants to hear from people taking part.
Send us your emails and pictures about who and what you are doing and we'll put the best and most unusual in next week's WHT.
You may also want to watch:
Staff WGC's John Lewis are set to take part in a sponsored row between 9am and 6pm tomorrow (Friday).
The team of 30 will row a total of 42 miles on a rowing machine in the menswear department on the ground floor.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
This is the equivalent distance of Dover to Calais and back.
There will be a chart monitoring the distance rowed throughout the day.
Neil Robinson, who has co-ordinated the rowers, said: "I was overwhelmed by partners wanting to support this event, from every age range in the branch.
"We are all really enthusiastic, and want to raise as much money as possible for Comic Relief.