Welwyn Hatfield folk urged to throw a street party for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton
A RIGHT royal knees up is on the way for Welwyn Hatfield folk, as street parties will mark the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The April 29 nuptials are sure to spark wild celebrations across the country.
And the county council will be doing all it can to help residents celebrate in the streets.
Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “The royal wedding is a great opportunity for everyone in Hertfordshire to get into the party spirit.
“We want to make it easier for residents to get out on to the streets and celebrate, so we’ve set up a simple online application form to make notifying us of your plans quick and easy.
You may also want to watch:
“What’s more, we’re waiving the normal fee for road closures so there’s nothing stopping you getting together with your neighbours and marking this special day.”
A street party is categorised as an event that is: a small private event for residents of one or two streets, publicised only to local residents, does not normally require licences if music is incidental and no selling is involved and organised by residents rather than professional organisers.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 70-year-old dies following single-vehicle collision in Welwyn
To hold a street party or fete on the royal wedding day, download and fill in the application form at www.herts direct.org/royalstreetparty
All applications need to be received by April 4.