Welwyn Hatfield folk urged to throw a street party for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton
A RIGHT royal knees up is on the way for Welwyn Hatfield folk, as street parties will mark the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The April 29 nuptials are sure to spark wild celebrations across the country.
And the county council will be doing all it can to help residents celebrate in the streets.
Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “The royal wedding is a great opportunity for everyone in Hertfordshire to get into the party spirit.
“We want to make it easier for residents to get out on to the streets and celebrate, so we’ve set up a simple online application form to make notifying us of your plans quick and easy.
You may also want to watch:
“What’s more, we’re waiving the normal fee for road closures so there’s nothing stopping you getting together with your neighbours and marking this special day.”
A street party is categorised as an event that is: a small private event for residents of one or two streets, publicised only to local residents, does not normally require licences if music is incidental and no selling is involved and organised by residents rather than professional organisers.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
To hold a street party or fete on the royal wedding day, download and fill in the application form at www.herts direct.org/royalstreetparty
All applications need to be received by April 4.